All is well

 When I’m away and without you
It’s like there’s no one else on Earth. 
Nobody i want to talk to anyway. 
People speak but I can’t hear their voices. 
I turn round and imagine you’re there. 
You are, but only in my mind. 
My momentary jubilant heart sinks 
I go about my day but 
All I think about is you. 
These moments are pure torture
Being without you. 
I’m there but the factory lights are off. 
Waving off the stragglers 
Is my best point in the day. 
Jumping in my car feels like 
Jumping into a pool of pleasure. 
I want to break the speed limits- 
And believe me I would 
But I have 3 points on my licence 
So I better not. 
Ecstasy comes when your car lights
Illuminate the front door glass. 
Finally. Finally. Finally
Your eyes your teeth your smile 
Your face your smell your hair
All perfect. 
And all is well 

Comments

Popular Posts